I’m not smug and I’m no flirt, yet

Sunday 2 December 2012
 





My horse print collection is slowly, but surely growing. This is a fantastic little summer dress from Shop Ruche and I'm also looking forward to layering it under sweaters this fall...perhaps I'm just looking forward to layering? Just look at how pink I am in these pictures! Taking pictures in the middle of a very hot day definitely got to me and I was quite flushed by the time I was through. I don't really enjoy fall, but I wouldn't mind being able to walk outside without sweating bullets...
P.S. The tote bag I designed is still for sale and free domestic shipping--order them here while you can!
But my boss pulled me into her office and informed me my dress style was distracting her male employees. I didn’t dare point out that there were other women in the office wearing similar attire.

Rather than argue, I worked out the rest of my contract wearing baggy, sombre-coloured trouser suits. It was clear that when you have a female boss, it’s best to let them shine, but when you have a male boss, it’s a different game: I have written in the Mail on how I have flirted to get ahead at work, something I’m sure many women do.




Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment